Molly from Omaha says, "promote!"

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Tips #7 and 8

Hello, faithful readers! I am still busy and still not making much time for the internet lately. It might be a while before I update again, so I'm going to put a couple of tips in this post...

Tip #7 - Make a big sign.
Put a giant sign in your window featuring a url. This will work especially well if you live in a dorm, or in an apartment that faces a lot of traffic. Obviously, it would work best with a short url such as bitjobs.net. No need to explain what it is - the idea is to make people curious enough to check it out on their own.

Tip #8 - Flyers with tear-offs
You know those flyers with the little tabs at the bottom that you tear off? They have a phone number or url or whatever on the tab. Pretty obvious, but this is a good way to promote. I've been thinking about ways to make those flyers especially attention-grabbing. You could use "Hello, my name is..." stickers on small flyers. Perhaps they could say things like...

"Hello, my name is EXCELLENT PODCAST"
"Hello, my name is BEST BAND EVER"
"Hello, my name is CHECK ME OUT"

Then maybe put a little cryptic phrase underneath the sticker, such as "you know you want to." Then put the url on the tabs. Again, I'm thinking that leaving some mystery is best. Personally I'd be much more likely to actually look something up if it didn't make sense, but I'm kind of a researcher at heart...

Okay, that is all for today. Thanks to all of my podcast friends who have emailed me recently, and sorry I have been so absent lately! I will get caught up on my podcast listening one of these days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home