Molly from Omaha says, "promote!"

Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome and Tip #1

Hello everyone! I've started this blog as a resource for viral marketing and guerilla promotions ideas. Each week, I'll post a tip about a way that you can help spread the word about podcasts, bands, or whatever else you'd like to promote. This blog should be useful to podcasters and musicians, as well as the people who listen to podcasts and music. If you like something you hear, you want to tell other people about it! Subscribe to my feed or check back often for some creative ways of doing so.

Tip #1 is the obvious one. Tell your friends! I think we're reluctant to mention podcasts in casual conversation, because the person we're talking to might not know what we're talking about. Take the time to educate all of your friends, relatives, and coworkers about what podcasting is, and the wealth of great entertainment that's available.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a comment if you have any ideas or suggestions, or simply to say hi!

-Molly from Omaha

6 Comments:

  • Hi there, Molly. This is Melissa from the Top of the Pods blogger. I wish you all the best with your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 03, 12:29:00 AM CST  

  • Hi Molly ! This is just one step away from a podcast... soon you will be powerless to resist !!!!

    Great idea though and I'm looking forward to the tips.

    I've tried out 1 before but only gained one listener from it. Everyone else just looks at me like I'm some kind of mad eccentric who needs a good course of ECT ;-)

    By Blogger Grant - Three From Leith, at Tue Jan 03, 03:24:00 AM CST  

  • Hi Melissa and Grant! Thanks for commenting!

    Grant - I think the world is better off not having to hear my voice, honestly. But I suppose it's possible that someday I could do Skype interviews with my favorite podcasters and put those up. ;)

    By Blogger Molly, at Tue Jan 03, 07:02:00 AM CST  

  • Hi Molly. Great idea (I know I already told you that!) Let's spread the word about this great new resource for us all :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 03, 03:25:00 PM CST  

  • Thank you, Phil, for helping me solidify my ideas! I will, of course, encourage readers to use my tips to promote your wonderful podcast. ;)

    By Blogger Molly, at Tue Jan 03, 03:32:00 PM CST  

  • Grant's right. I've tried this and my friends think I'm mad. Maybe they hear enough of my voice as it is!

    By Blogger gabor, at Fri Jan 20, 03:47:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home