Molly from Omaha says, "promote!"

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tip #3

Tip #3: Get on a podcast!

What better reason can you give your friends to listen to a podcast than to let them know that they'll hear YOU on it? Send in an audio comment or a sweeper. Or, just email the podcaster(s) and say something really interesting that they might be inclined to mention on the show. Some of my friends and relatives started listening to Top of the Pods, Like a Podcast, and Three from Leith once I got them to listen to my mentions on those shows.

The lastest exciting news? I'm a guest on episode #54 of bitjobs for the masses!, a podcast by the phenomenal Phil Coyne of Birmingham in England. Bitjobs is one of my favorite podcasts, and Phil is one of my favorite people in the podcasting industry, so it was a real honor to be featured on the show. And the best part? All of my friends and family are going to listen to it! Once they listen to that one episode, I'm sure most of them will be hooked and will become regular subscribers, and posters on the bitjobs forum. (Hint: You should, too!)

For anyone stopping by because you heard that latest episode of bitjobs, please leave a comment to say hi! Subscribe to my blog if you'd like, or stop back often for new ideas of ways to spread the word about Phil's wonderful show, as well as other podcasts and bands.

(p.s. I'm almost done with the boring, obvious tips - more creative/sneaky/off-the-wall ones to come shortly!)

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for the plug, Molly ! The favour has been returned in this week's show which goes up tomorrow (10th), though only in the shownotes as I forgot you and Gabor when I was waffling during the recording. D'Oh !

    BTW - you can now find the show at the more memorable www.threefromleith.com

    By Blogger Grant - Three From Leith, at Mon Jan 09, 02:17:00 PM CST  

  • Hi Molly

    I thought I'd drop by and say hello seeing as Grant has mentioned us both in his notes for three from leith no 21.

    If you want to send me an audio comment, I'll play it! You can then tell all your friends and all those lovely people will listen to my podcast. That's got to be a win-win situation (or maybe not).

    GABOR

    By Blogger gabor, at Wed Jan 11, 09:53:00 AM CST  

  • Hey Mol,
    Cool blog, we will become podcast listeners one of these days and it will all be thanks to you.
    Hope to see you the weekend of the 22nd??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jan 11, 09:09:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home