Molly from Omaha says, "promote!"

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tip #6

I have returned! Sorry for the hiatus - just been busy with life outside the internet lately. And now, without further ado...

Tip #6 - Give the gift of suggestion. Along with birthday or Christmas gifts (or Valentines!), include a personalized list of band/podcast recommendation especially for that person. Ideally, the suggestions and the present should go together. For example, you could give an iTunes gift card and recommend some independent bands whose music is available through iTunes. Or if you get the person, say, a coffee table book featuring scenic views of Scotland, the note in the card could read as follows: "And, to go with your scenic views, check out the podcasts available at www.scottishpodcasts.com. Some of them feature fascinating little tastes of Scottish culture, and they ALL have dreamy accents!"

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back, Molly ! Nice idea too.

    Not even my ex or my last girlfriend said I had a dreamy accent though.. (Mind you, a very gorgeous but very drunk girl in a bohemian jazz bar in New Orleans 2 years ago told me I had a big, strong name for a big, strong man ! I blushed right down to my toes whilst my family and brother-in-law all sniggered and took photos !)

    By Blogger Grant - Three From Leith, at Tue Feb 07, 03:37:00 PM CST  

  • Hmmm....

    or drop by Way Past Bedtime with Gustav Bertha... he has a Scottish Accent, not sure if it's dreamy or not.
    Here's the feed:-
    http://www.skunkweb.com/gustav/radio/waypastbedtime.xml
    find out more on www.gustavbertha.com

    I think that is my spam for today...

    GB.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jun 21, 04:56:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home